Fashionably M.French: August Favorites

Friday, August 23, 2013

August Favorites

Hello There! Welcome to my....



This month is a short favorites list. I was fairly busy this month with work and preparation for fall semester starting next week so I didn't have much time to try new things. That being said - here are the things that I have had time to love this month :)


1. S Factor True Lasting Colour Shampoo and Conditioner - I had initially gone into ULTA looking for the S Factor Smoothing Shampoo (which smells very strongly on strawberries and cream - a bit to sweet for me)  but then saw that they had a line for color treated hair. I picked up the bottle, smelled it, and was instantly sold. It smells of coconut and almond oils yet still fresh.  After the first use I saw a difference in my hair. Not only did it look healthier (much more shine and body) but it also felt like silk. As for the color preservation, I think it has done well. My blonde hasn't gone brassy at all and I've gone a long time in between salon visits. You can find the shampoo here and the conditioner here - also ULTA is having a buy two get one free with TIGI products! 
2. Murad Clarifying Mask - I heard about this product from Zoe of Zoella on YouTube and decided to give it a whirl. I suffer from mild acne which used to be far worse and since I use two different topical treatments on my skin, sometimes it seems a little lackluster. Therefore, I am always on the look out for new products that will make my skin look and feel refreshed. This little puppy does the trick. I use it on nights when I need to recoup from a long and tiring day. It leaves my skin feeling clean and strong. I will say that I do apply a moisturizer right after rinsing the mask off because my skin feels a little tight, but I'm not sure if that is the product or the fact that I live in dry Colorado. If you want to give it a try you can find it here!
3. Rose Water - There are many benefits to using rose water on your face. It acts as an anti-inflammatory and provides a smoother look and feel to your skin. I had heard about it before but had never really had much motivation to try it. However, a friend of mine had a bottle of rose water she had gotten from a family member and never used and gave it to me. How I could I not try it if it was a free gift? So I tried it and I love it. The smell is a little strong at first but then dissipates and it leaves my skin feeling quite nice. I apply it using a small cotton pad all over my face. You can find it in some local grocery stores but I would get mine at the local middle eastern market. 
4. CamilleStyles.com - I have been so incredibly inspired by this site! They have created a place of creativity and inspiration in so many different areas- fashion, beauty, life, food, and entertaining. I can't get enough. It serves as a inspiration for my blog, not only asthetically but for content as well. Go check it out and let me know what you think!
5. Flower of the Month - Carnations! Now, I am not usually a huge fan of carnations. They are pretty little flowers but my memory of carnation is giving and receiving them on valentine's day in elementary school plus they have never struck me as a particularly inspiring flower. However, they were on sale at the grocery store and I loved the two toned color of these - a peach and orangy-pink combo! I bought two bouqets, one for my desk and one for my bedside table. I love them. They make me happy and have lasted the entire month!
6. Revenge Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - This book is the sequel to the book The Devil Wears Prada (also a popular movie). I hadn't read the first one but I had seen the movie and loved it. So when my aunt had sent Revenge Wears Prada in a box among other things I thought I'd read it. GOOD CHOICE. I love it! It is just as witty and relatable as the movie. You follow the story line of Andy Sachs as she moves on from Runway and Miranda and starts her life as a married woman with her own bridal mag on the rise. It looks like you can get it from Amazon here!

What have you been loving this month? Leave it in the comments - I'd love to hear from you! If you enjoy reading my posts, please subscribe in the side bar! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! x